Please read this carefully:
Northwestern faculty, staff and students who need to borrow nursing, allied health, or related materials should use the Nursing Interlibrary Loan form.
- Before requesting a book or article, use the Library Catalog Search to determine if Northwestern owns the book or subscribes to the journal needed. Also, check the online Journals Full Text Finder to see if the article is available full-text.
- Fill out a separate form for each item requested and include a complete citation. Incomplete information makes it difficult to locate the book or article requested.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) allows NSU students and faculty to obtain books and articles not available locally from other libraries for teaching, learning, research and recreation. Books, photocopies of journal articles, government documents, microfilm copies of newspaper articles, newspapers on microfilm, theses and dissertations can be borrowed. Requests are subject to the policies of the lending library.
Only students, faculty, staff of NSU, BPCC, LSMSA and Friends of the Library may use ILL. If you are taking or teaching courses at any NSU campus you may use this service. Average time to receive a request is 3-5 business days.
NSU Libraries fill requests on a library-to-library basis; If you are not near one of our campuses, contact your local public or parish library. They can request items held by NSU or any other location and materials will be delivered to that library.
ILL is free to all faculty, staff and students. Friends of the Library pay transport fees at cost.
- Before requesting a book or article, use the Library Catalog Search to see if NSU owns the book or subscribes to the journal you need. Also, check the Journals Full Text Finder to see if the article is available full-text online.
- Click on the “Request an Interlibrary Loan” link on this page; you must register as a first time user.
- Fill out a separate form for each item and include a complete citation. Incomplete information makes it impossible to locate the book or article you need. See the ILLiad FAQ for additional information, or contact Jackie Hawkins.
We’ll notify you by email or phone when your materials arrive. Please check the space on the request form to tell us your preference.
Pick up materials at the Watson Library ILL office on the second floor, Room 201-B during normal working hours. During extended hours, go to the Serials & Media desk on the 3rd floor of Watson Library. All materials must be returned to the interlibrary loan office, or serials desk. We can deliver photocopies of journal articles electronically to a valid e-mail address.
One renewal may be allowed at the discretion of the lending library. If the item is already overdue, no renewals are allowed. Loan items must be returned to the interlibrary loan office on or before the due date. If you wish to renew an Interlibrary Loan book you may do so through your ILLiad account, or by contacting the ILL Office at (318) 357-5465 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30p.m., Monday through Friday.
Watson Library provides ILL services in compliance with United States Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S. Code). Please observe the Copyright Restriction on the request form when submitting requests for journal articles.