Anyone with a current NSU Speed Demon, BPCC, or LSMSA identification (ID) card may check out materials. You cannot use another person’s card without the Library Director’s approval.
- Click here to renew a book online: Log on using your Campus wide ID as your user ID. Your 6 digit date of birth is your pin number. (You must come to the library for a second renewal.)
Hours: Circulation Desk services end 15 minutes before posted closing time
Yolanda Bobb, Head of Circulation
Kathy Pylant, Night Library Facilities Manager
Phone (318) 357-4477
Fax (318) 357-5201
- Check out at the first floor circulation desk
- 20 library items per student at one time
- 21 days loan period for NSU and LSMSA students
- Graduate students may check out 31 items for 21 days
- Government Documents circulate like other materials
- Reference materials and periodicals do not circulate
- Renew books online one time for additional 21 days
Return books to the book drop near the Library front door. When the library is closed, use the parking lot book drops.
Reserve items are kept at circulation. Reserves enable groups to share materials that are in short supply or must be used within time limits. You may check out four reserve items at a time. Reserve items may not leave the library unless they are overnight, three day, or one week checkouts.
Library resources and materials belonging to faculty members may be placed on reserve. For information, contact Circulation. Click the following for a copy of the Course Reserve Request:
Fines are charged directly to NSU student accounts and billed by the Cashier’s Office.
LSMSA students must get a fines summary from the library, pay fines at the Cashier’s Office, then bring the receipt to the library to clear their account.
Lost/Found: Check at the Circulation Desk for lost items; you may also turn in found items there.